Who can get a Boat or Jet Ski Licence?03_05_1_2A_0099

You must have turned 12 years old
12 to 16 year olds can get a Restricted Marine Licence (and with a PWC endorsement) with the following basic restrictions:-

  •  Max of 10 Knots

  •  Not at night

  •  Must not Tow

Once you turn 16, you have a General Marine Licence.

How to get a Boat or Jet Ski Licence

  • You attend one of our 4 hours courses and pass the TSV test.

  • At the end of the course,  you receive a TSV Certificate to take to VicRoads to pay the annual licence fee, have your photograph taken and then you are a licenced boat operator.

  • You bring to the course the required Identification (see below)


You must bring along to the course Proof of your Identity.  This is normally

  • Current Vic Drivers Licence   or  –

  • Birth Certificate or Passport  plus medicare or school ID Card.

Click     Here

For detailed information on the  correct identification and to avoid disappointment at the course.


  • Marine Boat Licence $120

  • Above licence with PWC (JetSki) endorsement   $120

  • PWC (JetSki) endorsement    $80

When and Where

Courses each week in the Northern suburbs, South East suburbs,

                                                    Balwyn, Glen Waverley, Frankston, Dandenong,

                                                    Hastings, Mornington Peninsula, Blairgowrie etc., etc,

Click Here for Locations, Dates     and Booking