This course is aimed at people with a desire to be involved in on water support, safety and rescue skills of yacht club safety boat operators.
It is highly recommended for both those directly charge of a safety boat and those over seeing club racing and training programs.
This 12 hour course is normally conducted over one evening and one full day on the water.
Pre-requisites are approx. 2 years powerboat driving experience and minimum of 16 years old.
This Course is designed for those wishing to help out at a club as a safety boat skipper and is also a pre-requisite for the Club Coach Qualification.
The topics covered are:
- Carry out pre-departure checks including safety boat specific equipment
- Select lifejackets / PFDs / buoyancy aids applicable to crew and driver
- Understand typical race course designs and ideal locations for safety boats
- Understand safe deployment and recovery of race marker buoys
- Make balanced safety decisions whilst on water according to circumstances
- Manoeuvre a boat at low speed in close proximity to other craft and people in water
- Recover a person from water including techniques for injured casualties
- Undertake towing of other vessels and multiple vessels including dinghies
- Use a marine radio to obtain assistance
- Describe the hazards of entrapment and common rescue techniques
- Recover a single handed dinghy from capsize and inversion
Recover a multi-hull dinghy from capsize and inversion
Awareness of techniques for recovering windsurfers and kite surfers
Recover another vessel from a lee-shore situation.
[button link=”http://www.peninsulaboattraining.com.au/bookings/”] Date & Booking Click Here[/button]