Attendees of Peninsula Boat Training Pty. Ltd.’s marine (boat) licence course should be aware that passing the Transport Safety Victoria test does not automatically guarantee of a marine licence.
After passing the test and presenting the TSV Certificate to Vic Roads, applicants should note that they will be required to meet certain health and eligibility requirements for operating a car, motorcycle or boat and this may include further testing where appropriate.
Pursuant to regulation 30 of the Marine Safety Regulations 2012 (Vic) the following persons are not eligible to apply for a marine licence:
- A person who is disqualified from obtaining a marine licence, during the period of that disqualification
- A person who is the holder of a marine licence that has been suspended, during the period of that suspension
- A person who is disqualified from obtaining a licence or other authority to be the master of or to operate a recreational vessel under
- (i) the law of another State or Territory, or
- (ii) the law of another country,
in circumstances which, if they occurred in Victoria, would have resulted in the person being disqualified from obtaining a marine licence in Victoria
- A person who is the holder of a licence or other authority to operate a recreational vessel issued by another State or Territory that has been suspended , during the period of that suspension